Thursday 25 April 2013

Sunshine, beaches and a very wise cookie

It's a miracle how just a bit of sunshine can completely lift your mood!  I've been feeling a bit dreary and down for a few weeks, but the feel of the sun on my face has made me feel all bright and happy and light.  If only I could enjoy the sun outside, instead of the meager few rays that are begrudging allowed through the blinds in my office.  I could happily spend the day relaxing on the beach, however, as I sadly don't live in a world where I can barter seashells, sand and other interesting odds and ends washed up by the sea for my everyday necessities (like food!), I unfortunately have to trudge to work.  I can't help but feel that this desire for the beach may have inspired my outfit for today:


A happy little group, shaded by some wonderfully bright parasols.  Surely there must be a picnic lunch amongst these sunseekers.


And these two seem to be content to have some relaxing time on the beach whilst they watch over their son playing in the sand.  Blissful!


Another thing that has made me smile recently was this fortune from what I can only describe as being a very wise cookie.  Seeing as I will be marrying my first (and only) love in a few short weeks, I think this cookie was pretty spot on!

No comments:

Post a Comment