Monday 22 April 2013

A happy couple of days

There are some days that just feel like a gift.  Days that even though you didn't necessarily do anything remarkable, still fill your heart with joy.  I was lucky to have a weekend like this.  A weekend made even more precious, as I had my boyfriend entirely to myself for two whole days.  For the past couple of weeks he's been very stressed and having to work late (on a couple occasions not arriving home until almost 11pm).  Normally he gets on the same train as me (at a later stop) and we make the rest of our journey home together.  So these evenings alone have been quite lonely.  Sadly it seems like these late nights are going to continue for a few more weeks at least.  And so this weekend was even more wonderful.

It was filled with books:

.
I picked up my copies of Damage by Josephine Hart, which I will be giving away as part of World Book Night.  I've been involved with this every year since the first World Book Night in 2011, and I am just so exciting to be part of this wonderful initiative again.  As someone passionate about books and reading, anything too do with encouraging a love of reading amongst others gets my vote.  Plus it's a Virago book to boot - a book from my favourite publishers!
.
.
And pretty summer dresses:
.
.
 Oh how happy I am that spring is starting to shine her rays of sunshine.  Everything just seems so much more cheerful with a dusting of sunshine.

And more delicious broderie anglaise:
.
.
Just perfect to make these beautiful blousey blooms for my heirloom bouquet:
.
.
Don't they look look like the protective elder sister of the dainty little flowers I made a couple of weeks ago?
.
.
And food and cakes and films and snuggles and practicing the steps for our first dance.  Just my kind of weekend.  

No comments:

Post a Comment