Monday 8 April 2013

A perfect weekend

I adore simple things.  A day spent quietly at home is more precious to me than any number of adventures.  To be surrounded by the things I love, doing the things I love alongside the person I love.  Perfect.  And this weekend was perfect.

Shopping for some beautiful broderie anglaise trim at a local market.



Look how delicate and intricate it is!



Just perfect to make these dainty little blooms, which will adorn the heirloom bouquet I am making for my wedding.


And look at these.  Is there anything more delightful than simple glass jars decorated with lace?


Another craft for my wedding.  I can't wait to see these scattered around our wedding and reception venue, lit up by tiny tealight candles or holding a posy of simple flowers.


A quiet weekend.  An unremarkable weekendA perfect weekend!     

No comments:

Post a Comment